Join the Bellevue Veterans Club today! $25 annual membership
In 1945, our club was formed by a group of Bellevue veterans who had returned from World War II. They decided to start a club for the veterans from our city of Bellevue. They called it the Bellevue Veterans Club and held their meetings at Resch's Café until the membership grew and the need for a larger place was needed to hold their meetings. The city building was that place for a time, as was the Avenue Café.
In 1949 our present property was purchased and in a few years a ranch style building was built to house our membership.
In 1955 our boys baseball program was started. In 1970, our girls volleyball program was started. With these two programs came the start of our Youth Leagues
In 1975 two additional fields were added to our grounds. Lights were added to our first field and in 1991 they were added to a second field. Today hundreds of children are involved in our youth baseball and volleyball leagues and our knothole program. The children involved in these programs are from our local community.
We also have other activities such as softball for the men and co-ed softball leagues for the young adults. We have horseshoe leagues for the men, ladies and co-ed teams. Bellevue High School's baseball team uses our field for their home games every year. Bellevue Youth Football has used our grounds for practices for many years. Our Christmas Relief Committee has a Christmas food program for needy families of the community.
In 1995, a Ladies Auxiliary started working with us on our many activiies.
Our goal is and has been to help our community in any way we can. We're proud to be a part of this fine community.